From this point onwards till the completion of the eighth Surya Namaskar posture, you’ll have to keep your feet in the same position.
Methodology The 5th Surya Namaskar
- While carrying out the complete exhalation of position four, you’d be proceeding to this fifth posture.
- Keeping intact the right leg, the vertical arms and the palm positions, stretch the bent left leg on the floor. Firmly rest it on the toes.
- The knees must be above the ground while the legs must be straight and parallel to the floor.
- Ensure that the extended left leg is in line with the left arm which is being kept straight during this change of position.
- Remember that your feet will now remain in this position till the completion of the eighth Surya Namaskar posture.
- The toes and palms should be pressed on the floor.
- Now lift your body from the floor in such a way that it is an inclined state downwards from the shoulders to the toes.
- Your toes and hands will be supporting the body’s weight.
- The vertical arms and feet will have to be propped up.
- The legs, thighs, the trunk and the head will now be in one line.
- Keep the palm fingers pointed ahead.
- Look at the floor.
- Remain in this position. Maintain your balance.
- As you remain comfortably in this posture, exhale completely.
- Your abdominal muscles are comfortably stretched.
- This posture also improves your posture.
- Simultaneously, your toes, feet, ankles, legs, back, shoulders, arms and the wrists are exercised.