The 12th Surya Namaskar: The 12th posture returns us to the first posture. After its completion you’d be concluding the Surya Namaskar…
Methodology of The 12th Surya Namaskar
Slowly return to the first posture. You can do it this way:
- Slowly exhale.
- At the same time, gradually lower your arms and straighten the spine.
- Your hands must be at the chest.
- Join the palms and again resume a prayerful posture.
- Complete the exhalation.
- Your arms must be brought down by your sides.
- Relax; stand upright; and look ahead.
Completion of a round
- This completes a complete round of the Surya Namaskar. Having relaxed for a few seconds, you can commence the next round from this very position itself.
- After completing all the rounds, give your body a complete relaxation phase with Savasana. There are several ways to do this Savasana. Here you will be lying down on the floor. Your eyes will be closed as in a sleeping pose. Your mind will be totally relaxed.
- With practice when you do the Savasana you will be able to place your palms flat on the floor on each side of your feet. Your fingertips will be in line with the toes which will be together with the heels on the ground.