Siddhasana yoga is known as the posture of an enlightened personality. In Sanskrit ‘Siddha’ refers to a person who is spiritually enlightened. This is one of the classic meditative postures. It is generally practised for its spiritual values.
Advantages of Siddhasana yoga
- Assume this position while doing pranayama or/and even while meditating.
- This posture is ideal for physical and mental relaxation.
- Siddhasana is suited for all the breathing yogic exercises.
Methodology of Siddhasana yoga
- Take the Sukhasana position.
- Sit erect.
- You will have to stretch out your legs.
- Place the left heel against your perineum.
- Keep the right heel above the root of the generative organ.
- The toes must be inserted between the opposite calves and thighs.
- Your knees must be touching the floor.
- Keep erect your spine, neck and head.